Buscar este blog

sábado, 16 de julio de 2011

The weird stranger who become my friend

I was just sitting down bored as most of the time I go to the temple. Next to me was my dad chatting with some of his friends, they were talking about business as always we go to the temple. It was time to read the most important pray for Jews so we needed to stand up and be in complete silence all the time, but some weird kid that had just arrived didn’t follow that basic rule or instruction that needs to be done. He was yelling at his dad why he didn’t want to buy him the Playstation 3, he was for at least five minutes complaining and yelling. The best moment came when he finally shut up and sat down calmly in his chair even though he couldn’t until the pray was over. When the Amida (that’s the name of the pray) was over we all sat down to hear the rabbi´s speech, I was trying to hear what he was saying but guess what the annoying kid started again to yell and scream. My patience was getting to a limit and I wasn’t going to stand it for more time but I couldn’t do anything, one grown man went and told him to please be quiet so finally he did. When the rabbi was over giving his speech we all went and shake hands with him all except for the kid. I was starting to think or I already thought what type of kid he was and the word strange wasn’t quite the best adjective for him if I had to describe him without knowing him. After the temple is normal that all the people who went go to have lunch together so he went, the strange kid, we were all waiting for the food to come so while that happened my dad told me to go and talk to him.
After seeing all the things that kid did I couldn’t imagine me having a friend like him and I couldn’t imagine me having a conversation with him. It was hard to try to make my dad not making me go and talk with the kid. After some hearing a lot of time go now, I just went. I did what my dad told me to do, so I stood up from where I was sitting down and walked toward to him. When I got next to him the awful awkward silence happened, I didn’t had anything to talk to him because I thought he is a very strange, annoying and stressful kid what can we have in common so the only thing I could do was start with a hello so the awkward silence could be broken. He immediately replied with a hi, slowly we just started to know each other until a moment he just told me my name is Charlie, so I also told him my name. When the food finally arrived he asked me to sit together, my dad and I agreed so we went to his table. After some minutes of talking I got to knew we had more in common that I thought we had. I couldn’t believe how I critiqued Charlie without knowing him at all. After that day I had a new friend that had the same ideas, likes and dislikes that I have and it is pretty cool to have one.
  My thoughts about Charlie were absolutely wrong, especially because sometimes I kind of act like him and sometime I don’t. Other reason I was wrong was that he is a very cool guy and with him very great stuff happened. After that day and still now at days I don’t critic people because of how they act or look because I learned a huge lesson that Saturday morning at the temple. Now at days that weird stranger named Charlie is my best friend and he is still one of a kind in life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario