Buscar este blog

sábado, 16 de julio de 2011

It´s a long way to the top if you want to achieve a goal

            I can remember how my sisters and their friends all rode their bikes all over the park while I just looked at them having fun riding and doing races filling jealous of them that they can ride bike and I couldn’t. It was kind of hard to accept that I was six years old and I still couldn’t sit down in a bike and feel that cold air in my face while I was speeding up every time I went down the hill, my anger grew bigger because of this I was very anxious to finally do this funny and relaxing sport. One day we went to Avenida las Americas to a thing called Pasos y Pedales that day I promised myself that I would ride my bike for the first time without helping tires. I put my helmet on and got in my bike, a good friend of our family came with us and she told me she was going to help me. We spent like three hours trying and practicing but that wasted time was in vane I think because I didn’t learned anything. My hopes never were broken nor forgotten I still tried at my house even though I didn’t had that much space to practice, my sisters tried to help me every time I wanted to practice but nothing really happened on those practicing days at my house. When my mom saw I was trying with all my heart to reach my most wanted goal so she and my dad bought me a new bike so I didn’t need to use my sister´s bike, it was blue my bike it was very awesome I can remember. Having this new super cool bike make me have more interest in learning how to ride bike. I tried everything to learn but trying as hard I could wasn’t enough I think because I even tried to go down a hill to learn how to maintain my balance but I only got hurt and got even more sad because I couldn’t made it.
I moved to Costa Rica and I still couldn’t learn how to ride. I reached my seven years old living in this country, I have to confess I surrender when I tried even more harder at Costa Rica I did all the possible things but no, anything worked. My recess time of not riding bike or I must say my recess time of trying to learn how to ride it was of like half a year, quite big recess. What hurt the most was that my time as a kid was ending and I still couldn’t learn, in my head I still wanted to ride and feel like I was in the Tour of France. One afternoon I got tired of not try, tired of pretending to be a loser so I went and practice again. My hopes that day were higher than ever, I was sure I was going to achieve that amazing dream I had as a little boy, as many kids desire that dream, I was ready for it. My adrenaline was rushing more than ever; I was like a soccer player in the final of the FIFA World Cup, it was my time to shine. I rode my bike and went down a hill, I was speeding up every second more and more, my adrenaline was in a hundred percent higher. When I saw I was riding a bike, I finally made it by my own effort and with the help of many people.
My dream wasn’t that big because I didn’t revised the brakes before using it so not using them for half a year made that they broke so I fell down and bumped all my buddy over the ground thankfully I had my protection gear on and my helmet. That special day isn’t easy to forget, since that day I can say if you work hard you´ll get what you want. Now at day I practice mountain bike and I might say every single scar, bruise and cut was worthy so I can practice the best sport ever. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario